- the belief in the need to protect one's heart - (which we aren't really conscious of, anymore.. the decision was made so long ago
- how the mind creates clever ways for closing off the heart and keeping it safe from feeling--the "explanations" we provide ourselves
- belief in the need to 'hold back' (emotionally) - protection - the mind provides good rationale for this, as well
- believing that we're flawed and need to fix something... improve, become 'More'
- believing that there's not enough time – which creates immense tension in the body
- believing that there is so much to do – which gives birth to the 'pusher' who must get stuff done...accomplish this or that--externally, or in our home environment--always something 'to do' - can't relax til it's done
- believing in the need to “be-on-top-of-it”
- holding the belief that there is 'so much to do' – therefore, busy-ness becomes a way of life – chronic state of 'doing-ness'
Rather, really allowing the feelings to move through with Compassion—for all – for this body system (that I call 'me') and for the other – there is no two – we are One--no separation.